Thursday, September 23, 2010

3 4 5 and counting ~ Philosophical Transactions

In my recent browsing on the web I stumbled upon what I am pretty sure to be the longest running scientific journal in the west and possibly in the entire world.  I thought the Mormon Tabernacle Choir had a long running with 100 years of recording, but this journal triples them.  For the past 345 years the Royal Society has been producing the scientific journal entitled "Philosophical Transactions."


The Journal Philosophical Transactions continues its original pursuits of disseminating knowledge to the scientific community.  It covers a broad range of all the sciences and in the last century has been divided into two full publications covering all areas of scientific knowledge.

From there site you can get open access to many documents, but some still require an account or purchasing a copy of the original documents.

I would highly recommend this site as a place to look if you are studying the sciences and want to get a perspective from any of the last few centuries.

2 comments:

  1. Can you get it for free through the BYU library?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure, but I do know you can get a lot of the older ones for free.

    ReplyDelete