Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Google Outage!


Google is down!

I am disconnected!
The behemoth has fallen...
and I am left without connection.

Just as discused by Gideon Burton we are all becoming more and more pulled in by the monstrous Google; and happily so!  But what happens when our jolly green giant of a friend trips and stumbles?  We have all become so interconnected that we have troubles figuring out how to do what has become so natural as walking.

When I first got online and my homepage Google wouldn't work, I jumped to the obvious conclusion that the internet must completely be down.  However, after playing around with my network connections and having it tell me multiply times that all was well with the connection I finally began to investigate the impossible.  My first reaction was to Google "Google Outage," but that obviously didn't work.  I wandered off to Bing and Yahoo and at last looked it up on twitter.  Ironically enough others had twittered about how they had tried to Google the same situation.  Google has really pulled us in.  We are inseparably dependent.

No comments:

Post a Comment